Add your reaction
RECVC Chairman Paul Deering, training with Rep. Mike Waltz and Green Berets in Ormond Beach.
Add your reaction
We know it’s hard, but please try to select JUST ONE of these disastrous candidates.
Contributions to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Paid for by Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.
Trump Make America Great Again Committee, 138 Conant Street, 2nd Floor, Beverly, MA 01915
We believe this is an important way to reach our grassroots supporters with the most up-to-date information regarding the efforts of the Trump Make America Great Again Committee and President Trump, and we’re glad you’re on our team. It’s because of grassroots supporters like you that we will Make America Great Again, and we appreciate your support.
Add your reaction
1,000+ Migrants Break Out of Mexican Detention Center
Thursday evening, more than 1,000 migrants housed in a detention center in southern Mexico broke out and hit the road.
More than half of the roughly 1,300 migrants later returned to the Siglo XXI facility in the border city of Tapachula in Chiapas state, but about 600 are still unaccounted for, the National Migration Institute said in a statement.
Migrants from Cuba, who make up the majority of the people being held at the center, were largely behind the breakout, the institute added. Mexican newspaper Reforma reported that Haitians and Central Americans were also among those who fled the facility, which has been crammed with people.
The National Immigration Institute said the escapees were not armed and “there was no confrontation.” But “federal police with riot shields later streamed inside to control the situation, as a crowd of angry Cubans whose relatives were being held at the facility gathered outside.”
Earlier Thursday, Mexico’s top human rights official had toured the facility, I wonder what he thought after he viewed the overcrowded, filthy center. President Trump repeated his threat to close the border if Mexico doesn’t stop the caravans approaching the U.S.- Mexico border.
Last month, Mexico’s Interior Secretary Olga Sanchez Cordero announced, “We have information that a new caravan is forming in Honduras, that they’re calling ‘the mother of all caravans,’ and they are thinking it could have more than 20,000 people.”
By Liz Sheld
April 25, 2019
Mexican police and immigration officials in the southern state of Chiapas on Monday rounded up hundreds of undocumented Central American migrants headed for the U.S. border.
Caravan stopped in Mexico?
Mexican police and immigration officials in the southern state of Chiapas on Monday rounded up hundreds of undocumented Central American migrants headed for the US border. It's one of the largest raids targeting a caravan since the exodus began last year, and comes as the US ramps up pressure on Mexico to curb the flow of migrants.
What we know so far:
- Police arrested 300-500 migrants outside the city of Pijijiapan, Chiapas, reports said.
- They were part of a caravan of about 3,000 Central Americans heading north.
- Witnesses said authorities forcibly wrestled women, men and children into vehicles.
- The migrants were driven to buses, likely headed to migration centers for deportation, according to activists.
- Local media reported on Friday that more than 250 migrants were also arrested in the nearby city of Mapastepec.
Change of heart or something else? We will see. My guess is that the Lopez-Obrador administration is starting to feel the heat from Mexicans. A Mexican friend told me last night that President Lopez-Obrador may be trying to show the cartels who is "boss." Over the last few weeks, we've read about the role of organized crime in this human movement.
Last but not least, don't underestimate President Trump's threats. In other words, President Lopez-Obrador knows that President Trump does not make empty threats.
By Silvio Canto, Jr.
Add your reaction
Accompanied by 10 warships, the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier on Wednesday, April 24, deployed opposite the Syrian coast in a dramatic show of strength against Russia and Iran. The effect was underlined by the revelation from US Navy sources of the presence on the carrier’s command bridge of none other than US ambassador to Moscow Jon Huntsman. His message needed no commentary: “When you have 200,000 tons of diplomacy cruising the Mediterranean, this is forward-operating diplomacy – nothing else need be said.”
There is no precedent even in the Cold War years between America and Soviet Russia of a US ambassador being planted on a front line against Russian and Iranian forces in the Middle East.
US severs Iran’s oil export lifeline
The US placed its Middle East forces on high alert on Monday, April 22, before announcing the cancellation of waivers that allowed 8 countries to buy embargoed Iranian oil.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in an unprecedentedly tough statement. “We are going to zero across the board. We’ll continue to enforce sanctions and monitor compliance and any nation or entity interacting with Iran should do its diligence and err on the side of caution; the risks are simply not going to be worth the benefits.” He went on to say: “How long we’ll remain there at zero depends solely on the Islamic Republic of Iran’s senior leaders.”
The countries who will no longer benefit from the waivers are China, India, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Italy, Greece and Turkey. They collectively imported a million barrels a day of Iranian oil. Prior to sanctions, Iran was exporting 2.1 million barrels per day. That figure had already dropped to 700,000 barrels. Since oil is Iran’s single export commodity, its cutoff to zero is a virtual death blow to its economy.
US deploys two carrier strike groups in Mediterranean
The John C. Stennis and Abraham Lincoln carrier strike groups have joined the US Mediterranean 6th Fleet for the first time in more than two years. This level of concentrated strength is capable of countering any Iranian attempt to interfere with the oil tanker shipping plying routes to market from the Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz, the Gulf of Aden or the Red Sea.
Read more @ Shutting Down Ayatollah Oil
Add your reaction
click to read
On April 12, President Trump tweeted a win-win solution: Relocate foreign trespassers to states and communities that have already voted to welcome them. “We are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities only,” he tweeted.
Many of those sanctuaries are among the nicest places in America. Foreign law-breakers can relocate to the posh and overwhelmingly white Nassau County, New York, or the Washington, DC suburb of Montgomery County, Maryland. Or much of the Pacific Northwest.
The compromise would help Democrat political machines keep control in cities and states, but, because the sanctuary states themselves are already progressive, the population increase would have no effect on the Electoral College. Win-win again.
There are, of course, occasional mean-spirited people who oppose the Trump compromise.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi denounced it as “vengeful.” She sounded as if, in her heart, she doesn’t really find illegal immigration an enrichment of the diverse social fabric of America.
(the median income in Pelosi’s sanctuary San Francisco district is in the six figures. Moving in thousands of illegals will lower the median income level to something more in line with the rest of the world’s. How about that equality)
J. Michael Waller is vice president for government affairs at the Center for Security Policy in Washington DC. Follow him on Twitter @JMichaelWaller.
675 days from when Mueller was appointed to when he produced his final report for Attorney General Barr
2,800+ subpoenas issued from the Special Counsel’s office
500 witnesses interviewed
Nearly 500 search warrants carried out
More than 230 communications records demanded
More than $35 million spent
“As partisan Democrats and the liberal media hyperventilate over Attorney General William Barr’s release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report Thursday, they’re willfully ignoring the fact that they already know what the report concludes: Two years and $35 million was spent investigating a lie.
The report finally puts to bed the main allegation that the left has been consumed with for nearly three years. Much to their chagrin, the lie that they pushed for the entire Trump presidency has been completely dismissed by Mueller.”
David Bossie - Fox News.
Click here to read more.