VOTE AMENDMENT 13
Nearly 90 greyhound adoption groups
now oppose racing ban
• Amendment 13: Ends commercial dog racing by 2020.
Despite one's view on dog racing, it is another measure (similar to the 2002 “pregnant pig” amendment) that does not belong in the Constitution. To abolish greyhound racing statewide would put greyhound owners/ breeders out of business.
Daytona Chamber recommendation: Oppose (For an executive summary - contact Jim Cameron at the Chamber.)
- Over 95% of retired greyhounds are adopted by loving families.
- The State of FL inspects and regulates all greyhound kennels at all tracks.
- The FL Greyhound Association and the National Greyhound Association have a ZERO tolerance for animal abuse of any kind.
- FL Greyhound Tracks grossed over $200 Million last year. $80+ million was from Live Greyhound Racing.
- $11 Million was generated in State Revenues.
- Over 3,000 Florida Family Jobs. Many of the Greyhound men and women have been in the business for generations. For them, it's a labor of love.