Governor Ron DeSantis has announced six legislative proposals that would drastically crackdown on illegal immigration into Florida.
DeSantis made the move after his administration discovered that Joe Biden’s federal agencies have flown at least 70 privately funded flights full of border crossers and UACs (Unaccompanied Alien Children) into the state of Florida — often in the middle of the night. More
“Any of these contractors that are facilitating Biden’s illegal policies by bringing people into Florida, oftentimes flying in at two o’clock in the morning with no notice to the State, anyone who is doing that forfeits the ability to have contracts with State and local government in the State of Florida.
Unfortunately, we had somebody brought in from Biden that murdered somebody in Jacksonville just a few weeks ago, and so we’re very concerned about it, and we want to say this is not the right decision to be making, to be facilitating, which is basically an illegal human smuggling operation." Watch
The measures are significant as they are the first in the nation seeking to effectively outlaw many of the business practices carried out by corporate-funded NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) who are contracted by the federal government to resettle hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens across the United States every year.
The six proposals would:
1. Ban state and local agencies from doing business with or providing benefits to any private-sector business or NGO that helps facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
2. Ban state agencies from renewing state contracts with transportation companies, such as airlines and bus services, that facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
3. Require private-sector businesses and NGOs, who facilitate illegal immigration to Florida, to provide compensation to the state of Florida to cover all costs that fall on taxpayers.
4. Mandate county and local jails, as well as courts, to collect immigration status data at the time of a suspect’s arrest and conviction. The information would be reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
5. Ban Florida officials from providing any discretionary benefits to illegal aliens while state agencies and hospitals will be required to annually report taxpayer-funded expenses for illegal aliens.
6. Add the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity as an enforcer of E-Verify.
In addition to the six proposals, DeSantis announced an emergency order that bans the issuance or renewal of all state licenses to provide services to Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) who are resettled across Florida. The order is effective immediately. MORE
Spokeswoman Christina Pushaw; “We hope this action will serve as a deterrent to the Biden Administration’s massive human-smuggling operation, while protecting Florida’s most vulnerable kids. Governor DeSantis will continue to use his lawful authority to stand up for Floridians in the face of the Biden Administration’s dereliction of its duty to enforce our country’s immigration laws.”