DeSantis To Sign Florida Anti-Riot Bill
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is expected to sign a tough new anti-riot bill. This latest bill will harshly punish mob violence and protect police budgets from ideologically driven local Democrat politicians.
“This legislation strikes the appropriate balance of safeguarding every Floridian’s constitutional right to peacefully assemble while ensuring that those who hide behind peaceful protest to cause violence in our communities will be punished. Further, this legislation ensures that no community in the state engages in defunding of their police”.
- The law would require state approval for any cuts to police funding by municipalities
- Increasing penalties for defacing or destroying statues & monuments
- Attacking police during a “protest”
- It would also give civil legal immunity to those who may drive through rioters blocking roadways if they are in fear for their safety.
- Rioters will be ineligible for bail until after their first court appearance, to prevent them from being bailed out of jail and quickly rejoining the riot.