--- DeSantis ends COVID-19 restrictions statewide
The legislation, passed by the Florida Legislature last week, bars state and local governments from shuttering businesses and schools during health emergencies and bans “vaccine passports.”
“The bill ensures that neither the state or local governments can close businesses or keep kids out of in-person instruction unless they satisfy a demanding and continuous justification,” DeSantis told reporters, adding that Florida is no longer in a state of emergency.
"With his latest pronouncement about Critical Race Theory, DeSantis shows the kind of political courage every Republican politician should have."
"I mean, give me a break. This country has had more opportunity for more people than any country in the history of the world and it doesn't matter where you trace your ancestry from. We've had people who have been able to succeed and all."
"Oh, yes. We're going to protect our girls. I have a four-year-old daughter and a one-year-old daughter, and they're very athletic. And we want to have opportunities for our girls. They deserve an even playing field. And that's what we're doing, with what Mississippi did, with what Florida did, and I know what other states are going to do. So, I look forward to being able to sign that into law."
100+ Headlines with links --
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Victor Davis Hanson: "What is the Biden way? To surveille, monitor, root out, raid, jail, confine, and smear all impediments to fundamental transformation."
The Bleak Biden Way
- Charlie Kirk: "The REAL objective is a national police force."
"Defund the Police is a Trojan Horse
- "If you are not yet concerned about the FBI's counterintelligence operations, incompetency and KGB-type operations, you just aren't paying attention."
The Never-Ending Hunt for a Trump Crime
- "Obama's treachery has, thus far, been wildly successful in creating societal chaos and uncertainty."
Barack Obama, Race, and Revolution
- "A disturbing look inside 42 Broadway."
Are Free and Fair Elections in America Possible?
- "We're here for Nancy Pelosi's laptop."
Alaska Couple Raided By FBI Because They Attended Trump January 6th Rally
- "BLM doesn't simply want Trump punished, though. They want consequences for any Republican that expressed concern about the final Electoral College vote count or expressed even tepid support for President Donald Trump after the November election expelled from office."
BLM Terrorists Issues New Demands: "Convict" Trump, Investigate Military, Don't Compare Capitol Attack To Riot-Marred "Freedom Summer"
- "[Chinese] COVID is, of course, the handy excuse."
Biden's Pentagon Denies Veterans Biker Group a Parking Permit for Memorial Day Event - First Time in 32 Years
- "It speaks volumes that the District has chosen to settle rather than defend MPD's obviously unconstitutional actions in court."
Rioters at Trump's 2017 Inauguration Getting $1.6 Million Settlement From DC Over Their Arrests
- "The sooner we begin to understand that Black Lives Matter is not just another "socialist" boogeyman to be addressed with empty platitudes, the sooner we can deal with it."
Is Black Lives Matter Really Left-Wing?
- "For those who think now-former Brooklyn Center police officer Kim Potter should be charged with a crime -- let alone murderI have a simple question."
Don't Confuse an Accident with a Crime
- Keith X: "The facts proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial demonstrate that five aggravating factors support an upward sentencing departure."
Wife-Beating Jihadist-Loving Anti-American Minnesota AG Keith Ellison Pushing for a Tougher Prison Sentence for Railroaded Derek Chauvin
- She's right. She and her minions are the source of all the racism and division.
Mikvah Waters: "Every Day We Have Seen This Nation Get More Racist"
- "Biden ranks white supremacist terrorism as a greater security concern than Islamist jihad."
Biden's 48 Hours of Idiot Supremacy
- "The root cause of our obsession with 'fascism' -- however poorly we understand it."
Fake Fascism and the Quest for Community
- "If you support President Trump, leftists nationwide are itching to 'deprogram' you."
How Do You Like the Thought of Being Deprogrammed?
ANGEL OF DEATH CUOMO NURSING HOME SCANDAL, SEXUAL ASSAULT & OTHER DEM GOV SCANDALS
- "Give it up, governor: Your blatant dishonesty is an insult to the dead, and it won't save your skin."
New Report Details Even Bigger Lies by Angel of Death Cuomo to Cover Up Nursing Home Scandal
OTHER DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST & RINO SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- "'I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an oreo with no real principles,' Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O'Connor wrote in a now-deleted Facebook post, referring to Scott's rebuttal to President Biden's congressional address on Wednesday."
Texas Democratic Official Called on to Resign for Calling Senator Tim Scott an "Oreo"
- "NY Dem Patrick Maloney's car travel campaign expenses prompt ethics concerns."
DCCC Chair Spent Big on Travel as He Urged Constituents to "Stay Home" and "Stop Spreading the Virus"
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- "If the 2020 election were as well run as touted, then the Biden-centric media should be cheerleading the effort."
Media Hysteria Means Arizona Election Audit May Be On to Something
- "When Biden says 'America is back' and praises 'our democracy,' it's clear he means a return to the pre-Trump status quo, including the meddlesome and ungoverned Deep State."
The Deep State is Back
- Alan Dershowitz: "In banana republics, in... many parts of the world, when a candidate loses for president, they go after the candidate, they go after his lawyers, they go after his friends. That's happening in America now. They're going after Rudy Giuliani."
Feds Hound the Man Who Saved the City
- "You can boo all you like," Romney said once he returned to the microphone. "I've been a Republican all of my life. My dad was the governor of Michigan and I was the Republican nominee for president in 2012." (that's the problem, fuck-face: you're a Republican, not an American - jjs)
"Show Respect": Official Steps In ass Pee-Air Defecto Romney Is Greeted With Boos at Utah GOP Convention
- "On every single issue, the Biden [junta] has threatened American safety and prosperity for decades to come."
Joe Biden's No Good, Very Bad First 100 Days
- "We are living in a nation in the throes of mass psychosis."
Biden's Big Lie
- "Joe Biden managed to develop a simple and effective plan for America's bankruptcy in 100 days."
Biden Goes for Broke
- "They should own their new identity as a working-class coalition."
The Republican Party's Woke Capital Awakening
- "Cheney's conflict with House Republicans has reached such a point of contention that some GOP lawmakers who defended her just months ago now say that she needs to leave her leadership post and that the Wyoming Republican will eventually get ousted from GOP leadership."
House Republicans at a "Boiling Point" with Liz-ard Cheney
- "Who wants to lead a dumpster-fire party down the path to electoral defeat?"
Democrat Big-Shot Cheri Bustos Bails Office One Step Ahead of 2022
- "Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) responded to political strategist James Carville saying the Democrat Party 'can't be more liberal' than Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) because they will not be able to pass any of their legislation."
Bernie Sanders on James Carville: "I Don't Think He's Terribly Relevant to What Happens in Congress"
- "The party's other problem is that Democrats will not simultaneously appeal to college-educated suburban voters and working and middle-class Americans."
The Democrats' Increasing Struggle with Wokeness Is Just Another Sign of the Political Realignment
- "Trump said of Wright in his endorsement announcement, which he made Monday, that she 'will be a terrific Congresswoman' and 'will be strong on the Border, Crime, Pro-Life, our brave military and Vets, and will ALWAYS protect your Second Amendment.'"
Texas Sends Message: Voters Advance Two Republicans, No Democrats to Special Election Runoff
- "With his latest pronouncement about Critical Race Theory, DeSantis shows the kind of political courage every Republican politician should have."
Ron DeSantis Climbs Another Rung Up the Presidential Ladder
Peter Puffer Buttigieg: "So Proud to Serve Under This President"
- "The problem is that Tucker stopped with half the equation, pointing out a hired gun but not the people doing the hiring."
When it Comes to GOP Failings, Tucker Carlson Names a Name
- "'As your safety declines, so does your compassion. Every time I have to pick up human sh-t, my liberal-ness just got lowered what one more notch,' said one Austin woman."
How Fed-Up Citizens Armed With a Petition Took on Leftists Over Austin's Homeless Problem
- "Even Ben & Jerry's ice cream meddled in Austin's election, predictably siding with Casar, Adler, and all of the left-wing advocacy groups that dominate policy discussions in the city."
Change: Austin Voters Strongly Reject Unfettered Homeless Camping, Weakening Radicals Adler and Casar
- "That's why it's so important that we stand in the gap for the nation, because the greatest comeback in American history is on its way." (wish I shared his confidence - jjs)
Sen. Tim Scott: "The Left Has Lost Their Mind Today," a "Backlash to This Liberal Oppression" is Coming
- I guess our educational system did excel in one thing - brainwashing three generations of kids.
Survey: Less than Half of Democrats Say Capitalism Is Better than Socialism
- "'Things must hit rock-bottom before real change occurs.' Where is the progressive bottom? With even a modicum of luck, we're almost there."
How Much Worse Can it Get?
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- "The [Chinese] COVID Passport is the doorway to fascism in your lifetime, on your doorstep, and there may be no turning back once it happens."
The Chinese COVID Passport: Fascism at Hand
- "The teachers' unions had long opposed a rapid reopening of schools, even when science said there was no significant risk. The Los Angeles teachers' union also claimed that a statewide school reopening plan would reinforce 'structural racism.'"
"Follow the Science": Documents Suggest Biden Let Teachers' Union Shape CDC School Reopening Policy
- "We need perspective -- and fast. We need to stop listening to an organization that has discredited itself."
The CDC's Cruel, Irrational Guidance Traps Our Kids in the Forever Pandemic
- "Power-hungry government officials' eyes have been opened to how far they can stretch their 'emergency powers,' and climate change is their next frontier."
Totalitarian Elites Want To Extend Chinese COVID-19 Lockdowns Forever For "Climate Change"
- Translation - masks forever.
TSA Extends Mask Mandate to September
- "Pausing the J&J vaccine was a damaging failure to balance costs and benefits."
Safety Cannot Be the Only Goal
- "It's surreal the way that authorities are downplaying and even denying the crisis." (why are they not buying as much HCQ and ivermectin as they can? - jjs)
India's Chinese Covid Nightmare is Beyond Belief
- "Sir Richard Dearlove, who headed the agency between 1999 and 2004, added that aspects of the virus 'point in the direction of it being somewhat tailored.'"
MI-6 Chief Backs Wuhan Lab Theory, Blasts China's Co-Opting of Scientific Community
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- "Kristen Clarke edited a journal alongside poet who blamed Jews for 9/11."
Biden DOJ Nominee Conceals Ties To Anti-Semitic Professor
- "Law enforcement is being used by local government to enforce guidelines issued by state governors under emergency powers of questionable legality."
Rev. Pawlowski vs. the State
- Daniel Greenfield: "The Genesis Prize is bad for the Jews."
How Spielberg and the Genesis Prize Funded Anti-Israel Activism
- Guess the pigmentation. If Meir Kahane were still alive, the individual in question would face a reception committee. At midnight. With no one looking. If only...
Bronx Judge Orders Accused Jewish Center Vandal to be Cut Loose
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- "The border is a massive and dangerous mess, and Biden is abetting crimes there every single day including human trafficking, trespassing, grand theft auto, and more."
Joe Biden, Who Called Trump a "Xenophobe" for China Travel Ban, Bans Travel from India but Leaves U.S.-Mexico Border Wide Open
- Jeez, we've been inviting them in for years to our schools and businesses right through the front door en masse.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Suggests Illegal Border Migrants Coming From China "Could Be Espionage"
- "U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Del Rio Sector have encountered multiple types of criminal activity over the past seven days, April 22 - April 29."
1 of 20 Border Sectors Apprehends Over 4,600 Migrants in ONE Week
- "The Rio Grande Valley sector is a 'hotspot' for migrant crossings, and data shows that in 2021 the region has already seen a 25% increase in illegal crossings compared to the same time last year."
VIDEO: On the Front Lines of the Border Crisis "Hotspot" in the Rio Grande Valley
- "Mexico, Argentina, and the rest of the world have no problem taking discoveries in science, technology, and medicine wherever they come from and using them as their own. Why not political systems?"
Latin America's Salvation Can't Be in Exporting Its People
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- "All three fake news outlets reported Giuliani had received a defensive briefing from the FBI warning him he was the target of a Russian influence campaign."
Fake News Trifecta as WaPo, NY Times, and NBC Retract Giuliani Smear
- "...and this is far from their only tool for propaganda."
Fake News Still Gaslighting America with Phony Polls
- "Lies, big lies can have terrible consequences. Just four months ago we all witnessed the fallout about the Big Lie about the election -- and it should've served as a lesson on how lies can kill." (well, the big lie that Biden actually won a fair election, sure is murder; ask Ashli Babbit, Jimbo - jjs)
"Bullshit Factory!" Hack Ass-Clown Propagandist Jm J Acosta Slams Fox News, Ignores Own History of Pushing Misinformation
- "Legal analyst was promptly fired by the New Yorker for traumatizing colleagues."
It's Been 6 Months Since XiNN Gave Zoom Masturbator Jeffrey Toobin "Time Off" To Deal With a "Personal Issue"
- "Former President Donald Trump blasted Twitter as a "BORING" platform Friday after the company's stock tumbled from missed growth expectations."
Trump Blasts Twitter As Stock Tumbles
- "More indicative however of the company's intolerant attitude towards any opinions not endorsed by the left is the number of employees -- AT A BOOK PUBLISHING HOUSE -- who signed this petition, demanding the silencing of [Mike] Pence and other conservatives for having unclean thoughts. Based on these numbers it will likely be very difficult for any conservative to get a book accepted at Simon & Schuster. And should a person have the public clout -- such as Pence -- to still get published by them, the editorial process will be a nightmare."
Today's Blacklisted Americans: Any Conservative Trying to Get Published by Simon & Schuster
- Margot Cleveland: "The case, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Corlett, represents the first time in more than a decade that the high court will hear a Second Amendment case."
What You Need To Know About The Big Gun Rights Case The Supreme Court Just Took
- "While not the first, Lubbock is now the largest city in the U.S. to approve such a measure, but it will likely face legal challenges from abortion advocates who argue the measure is unconstitutional." (funny who the Constitution is alternately trashed then praised by the heathens - jjs)
Texas City Bans Abortion, Declares Itself a "Sanctuary City for the Unborn"
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- "Fast-rising tension between Israel and Iran may well end badly, and in part we have the Biden [junta] to thank."
War Drums Beating Louder Across Mideast
- "The Americans accepted to pay $7 billion and swap four Iranians who were active in bypassing sanctions for four American spies who have served part of their sentences."
State Department Denies Iran TV Report of Paying $7 Billion For Four U.S. Hostages
- "China deletes picture of Grim Reaper with Star of David scythe."
Chinese Embassy Posts Anti-Semitic Picture
- For Biden, ideology rules over reality and results."
Democrats' False Middle East Mythology
- "The government is cracking down hard on people who seek to exercise freedoms they'd once taken for granted -- but two men are fighting back."
Canada Has an Eerie "Police State" Feel Lately
- Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith: "This demonstrates that successive governments have been asleep on the watch. This evidence today shows how dangerously we are sailing towards Chinese control of key aspects of our business."
Chinese Investors Have Bought up 135 Billion [Pounds] of British Infrastructure, Business, Schools: Report
- "Medieval slander and lies resurfaced."
The Blood Libels of Vaccine Denial and Medical Apartheid
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- They never were not in power, really.
Taliban Already Taking Over As U.S. Begins Withdrawal
- "Captain Bill 'Hawk' Albracht saved more than 150 allied soldiers in daring escape."
Vietnam Vets to Biden: Firebase Kate Hero Deserves Medal of Honor
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
- "The President reveals his plan for America: a cradle to grave welfare state."
Biden Sedates America Into Accepting Even Bigger Government
- "There's a deal to be had" -- and an American people too.
Sellout Fraud Cocksucker Barrasso: We Want to Work with Biden on Infrastructure
- "Both the Russians and the Chinese expect Biden's economic plans to flop."
Russia and China School Biden on Infrastructure
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- "When we get to the other side of this pandemic, I fully expect that our labor market will come back and be flourishing." (yeah, and I've got a 5-year plan to sell you, cheap! - jjs)
Biden Adviser Cecilia Rouse: Americans Will Experience Some Inflation
- "The best thing Congress can do now to help the US economy keep growing is to shoot down all Biden's plans." (non-starter because Democrats and bipartisanship - jjs)
Biden's Bogus Bid to Claim Credit for Galloping Growth
- "But you don't get to be wealthy in America by paying taxes. In fact, legally avoiding taxes is fairly easy if you have a decent accountant."
Study: Wealthy Would Be Able to Dodge 90% of Biden Capital Gains Tax Increase
- "Stablecoins may offer the answer to the long-pondered question of how private cryptocurrencies can subvert any centralized power grab and remain an alternative to fiat currency."
The Cryptocurrency Convergence
- "Labor execs threatened to withhold benefits to pressure university employees."
Workers' Health Care Restored After Union Bosses Back Down
- "NHTSA reviews the electric vehicle manufacturer's concerning record of crashes while using the Autopilot function."
Tesla's Self-Crashing Contretemps
- "Biden's attitude on policy is typical of a government lifer: no matter what worked before, toss it all out just because it wasn't your policy."
Thanks, Biden! Your Stimulus Just Made Chicken More Expensive
- "These three businesses are putting up a valiant fight in the true American spirit. All Americans must back them."
Small Businesses Fight Arbitrary Shutdowns
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- "'Good behavior credits' are being offered to nearly 20,000 inmates who are serving life sentences with the possibility of parole."
In a Move to Create "Safer Prisons." California Plans Early Release of 76,000 Prisoners
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- "Annoy the shit out of them." (is it wrong for me to pray for vigilante police death squads? - jjs)
University Of Minnesota Student Government Representative To Classmates: Make Cops' Lives Hell
- "Publication staff have been threatened, intimidated."
Hacker Erases UNC Conservative Student Publication's Website
- "The difficulty with writing satire about campus wokery is that its fanatic enthusiasms are often much stranger than fiction."
Something Rotten in the Groves of Academe
- "Schools indoctrinate children as young as eight in race and gender essentialism."
The Monster Is in the Classroom
- "Discriminating against Asian applicants."
Top Ten Most Racist Colleges and Universities: #1 Harvard University
- "It's better for parents to endure being called ignorant bigots than to sit back and watch their children become ignorant bigots because of poor education."
The Southlake Schools Uproar Shows Parents Need To Speak Up About Their Kids' Schools
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- "The power companies want us to commit to solar, but they know full well it will never meet the increased energy needs of the world's population."
How Nuclear Power Excels Renewables
- "Climate change 'science' works only if we know the Earth's past temperatures and can compare them to today's. But what if we can't do that?"
Do We Know Earth's Global Temperature?
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- Intrepid science reporter Bob Zimmerman notes, "This is a direct violation of the Outer Space Treaty, which China is a signatory. The treaty makes signatories liable for any damage an uncontrolled re-entry causes, and requires them to take action to prevent such events from occurring. China it appears doesn't care much about the treaties it signs. The first time could be rung up to a mistake. The second time is intentional and tells us that this country will not honor any of its obligations anywhere else, if it decides it can get away with it."
China's 21-Ton Long March 5B Core Stage to Make
- "Digital advances have taken imitative technology on a miraculous trajectory -- bringing new challenges but also new possibilities."
The Great Fake
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- "When asked if those beliefs were 'delegitimizing' to a person's gender identity, Jenner responded, 'Have a good day.'"
Former Olympic Gold Medalist and Male Bruce Jenner: Biological Boys Should Not Be Allowed To Compete In Girls' Sports Because It's Not Fair
- "Oh, yes. We're going to protect our girls," DeSantis said. "I have a four-year-old daughter and a one-year-old daughter, and they're very athletic. And we want to have opportunities for our girls. They deserve an even playing field. And that's what we're doing, with what Mississippi did, with what Florida did, and I know what other states are going to do. So, I look forward to being able to sign that into law."
Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Biological Males From Competing In Girls Sports
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- "I mean, give me a break. This country has had more opportunity for more people than any country in the history of the world and it doesn't matter where you trace your ancestry from. We've had people who have been able to succeed and all."
WATCH: Ron DeSantis Calls Critical Race Theory "A Bunch of Horse Manure"
- "That CEOs are taking sides on the political issues of the day is reflective of a decaying civil society and degraded democratic institutions."
Corporatism and Accountability
- Christian Toto: "Daltrey, Danzig and more decry how Cancel Culture crushes creative freedom."
Aging Rockers Rage Against the Woke G-G-Generation
- "New enemies may be as pernicious as old ones without being the same. It might be best to focus on those who reflexively align with the Left rather than worry about persistent Marxism."
Persistent Leftists Aren't Necessarily Persistent Marxists
- Gloria Allred and Benjamin Crump getting all excited.
Employee at Chocolate Shop Who Refused Service to Cop Loses Job
- "The Left knows that racial agitation is more compelling than truth."
Netflix's Crude, Racist Propaganda Wins an Oscar
- "Blue Bloods is an atypical television drama that does not feel it necessary to challenge viewer's values."
Blue Bloods vs. Woke Culture
- "The opposite of addiction is freedom."
Ban Dr. Suess, Promote Drug Use
"Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again." -- Leviticus Chapter 24, Verse 20
Empathy for the Thought Criminal
- "Are today's Progressives just individualists of the groin, as too many conservatives are simply individualists of the wallet?"
What is the Goal?
HITHER & YON
- "REVIEW: Bon Appe Cheetos: A Holiday Cookbook and The Big Bold Book of Mountain Dew Recipes.
A Year of Homecooking Led Me To Make Mac & Cheetos and Mountain Dew Chicken on the Same Day
- "The bestselling author's latest work, Talking to Strangers, is engaging and offers some profound lessons, but like so much of his work, it also tries too hard to distill the complexities of human nature into simple insights."
Malcolm Gladwell Illustrates the Problems With Technocratic Solutions to Human Problems
- "Churchill's history of the conquest of the Sudan remains as instructive to us today as it was for its first audience."
Lessons of the River War
- "Nearing the 50th anniversary of this unabashed cinematic appreciation of free enterprise."
"Can You Dig It?" Celebrating Super Fly and Capitalism
- Roger Kimball: "By making happiness incompatible with man's essence, Schopenhauer found himself deaf to Goethe's wisdom: 'If you want to delight in life, then you must grant value to the world.'"
Granting Value to the World
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
ALSO: The Morning Report is cross-posted at CutJibNewsletter.com if you want to continue the conversation all day.
Follow us on Twitter: @CutJibNews
Follow us on Instagram:@Cutjibnewsletter