November 18, 2018
(Reuters) – Florida’s outgoing governor, Republican Rick Scott, was declared the winner of the state’s hard-fought U.S. Senate race on Sunday, following a recount of ballots in the tight contest against three-term Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson.
This is what winning looks like:
* In FL the GOP has the governor's mansion, Republicans control of both of the state's Senate seats for the first time since the 19th century, the attorney general is Republican Ashley Moody and there are big Republican majorities in both houses of the legislature.
* Governor Ron DeSantis will appoint 3 new judges to the FL. Supreme Court on Jan 8, giving it a 6-1 conservative majority. This will last for decades as the new retirement age for justices has been raised to 75.
* Our new CD6 congressman is Republican Michael Waltz.
* Of the 67 counties in FL, 55 voted GOP in this midterm.
* In the FL. state legislature .. there are NO democrats representing Volusia Co.
* And GOP voter registration?
"Florida is registering more and more Democratic voters, right? Wrong. New state data show the Dem’s share of the electorate is shrinking."
Read it all @ FLORIDA GOP RISING