January 12, 1951 - February 17, 2021
"Rush, in recognition of all that you have done for our Nation ..
.. the millions of people a day that you speak to and that you inspire, and all of the incredible work that you have done for charity, I am proud to announce tonight that you will be receiving our country's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom."
- "As so many of you know, losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life."
Kathryn Limbaugh: "Our Beloved Rush, My Wonderful Husband, Passed Away This Morning"
- Mark Steyn: "I am well aware of the ironies of the headline. My father liked to caution me with the old saw that the graveyard is full of indispensable men. But, as the conventional bias of the legacy media yielded to something far more severe from the woke billionaires of Social Media, Rush remained the Big Voice on the Right, the largest obstacle to the complete marginalization of conservative ideas in our culture. All of us who labored in his shadows owe it to him to continue the fight."
The Indispensable Man: Rush Limbaugh, 1951-2021
- "One day I asked [my future father-in-law Orson Bean] why he had Rush Limbaugh's book The Way Things Ought to Be on his shelf. I asked him, 'Why would you have a book by this guy?' And Orson said, 'Have you ever listened to him?' I said yes, of course, even though I never had. I was convinced to the core of my being that Rush Limbaugh was a Nazi, anti-black, anti-Jewish, and anti-all things decent. Without berating me for disagreeing with him, Orson simply suggested that I listen to him again... This is where my rendezvous with destiny begins."
Andrew Breitbart: How Rush Limbaugh Inspired Me
- "His honor, courage, strength, and loyalty will never be replaced."
President-in-Exile Trump: "Rush Was a Patriot" and "Guiding Light with the Ability to See the Truth and Paint Vivid Pictures Over the Airwaves"
- "His passing at 70 leaves a large void to be filled in the very heart of the conservative movement."
Rush Limbaugh: Death of a Giant
- "Acknowledging his undeniable impact, Limbaugh said, 'Even with all of that, there's still far more people than should be voting for Democrats, voting for the Left. And I chalk it up in part to having failed to convince people, persuade people of the truth.'"
Fighting Through Failure: In Memory of Rush Limbaugh
- "He loved our country always, and came to a deep love of God. His massive audience will miss him, I will miss him, and the country will miss him."
Hillsdale College's Dr. Larry Arnn: Rush Limbaugh "A Force of Nature"
- "Thanks to Limbaugh, everything about Democrats is predictable."
How Rush Limbaugh Rescued Me From Liberalism
- "We toast the amazing Rush Limbaugh, mourn his death, celebrate his Salvation, and recognize his profound impact on this nation and conservatives everywhere."
Toasting Rush Limbaugh and His Place in America
- Daniel Greenfield: "Rush Limbaugh was the original target of cancel culture, but they could never cancel him."
Rush: The Fearless Warrior of the Conservative Counterculture Goes to His Rest
* * * * *
- "He made it cool to be a patriot. He showed people how to stand up against the tide, the endless tide of tyranny."
Mark Levin: "When We Looked at Rush, We Looked Up at Rush"
- David Horowitz: "A great American is no longer with us."
Rush Limbaugh, RIP
- J. Christian Adams: "It is hard to say something about Rush Limbaugh that hasn't already been said, but I'll try. I was there on the day of his debut..."
Rush Limbaugh Changed America
- R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.: "One of conservatism's greatest legends."
RIP Rush Limbaugh
- Andrew Klavan: "Let us all speak, and fearlessly."
- "Be not afraid, even as the jack-booted thugs that now run our society try to silence you. Tell them, like Rush Limbaugh, you will not be silenced, and like him, you will speak loudly and confidently, and most of all, do so with pride and courage."
An Historian's Memorial to Rush Limbaugh
- "May his legacy live on."
America Mourns the Loss of Legendary Radio Host and Patriot Rush Limbaugh
- "I remember when I first 'met' Rush. It was 1989, and some people at church had told me about this guy on the radio who was saying everything no one else dared to say."
Grief and Hope in the Loss of Rush Limbaugh
- "Limbaugh's death helps illustrate the fact that standard conservative principles go beyond Donald Trump."
Rush's Absence Can Make the Right Grow Stronger
- "Garnering an audience of more than 15 million listeners each week, Limbaugh transformed talk radio, becoming an indispensable voice of the conservative movement."
Read the Most Touching Tributes to Broadcast Legend Rush Limbaugh