Imagine Hillary Clinton winning in 2016, by the landslide that her media predicted. Like in the Christmas movie, It’s a Wonderful Life, how would life in America be different if Donald Trump never existed, at least in terms of the 2016 presidential election?
- James Comey would be running the FBI. Or perhaps he would move to CIA or DNI, with Andrew McCabe running the FBI. Sally Yates would be Attorney General, a reward for loyal service rigging the election. Other names in the news today would remain in obscurity -- Peter Strozk, Lisa Page, Bruce and Nellie Ohr. All would be promoted and rewarded.
- Gun rights and free speech would be in peril.
- Iran would be full speed ahead on nuke production.
- ISIS would be alive and well, taking over the Middle East.
- The Paris Climate Accords would be in effect, as would a carbon tax.
- Taxes would still be high, especially the corporate income tax. Factories would continue moving abroad. The unemployment rate would we significantly higher than the GDP
- Black and Hispanic unemployment would still be sky high, blamed on the Republican-controlled Congress, used as a campaign issue to vote in Pelosi and Schumer as majority leaders
- ObamaCare would remain in full force. Its shortcomings would be blamed on fat-cat business owners, not the failed legislation and regulations. Bernie Sanders Medicare-for-all would be the legislative priority of the Clinton administration.
- The IRS, under commissioner Lois Lerner, would leak confidential tax return information to influence the behavior of anyone standing in the way of the Clinton administration.
I could go on, but it’s clear that the most important election was two years ago. That being said, the election in a few weeks is the second most important election as it is the difference between continuing the Trump agenda versus jamming on the brakes. Now is not the time for complacency, only the time to vote.